ONLINE RUMMY GAMES & TOURNAMENTS
Online rummy games have been a breath of fresh air for all rummy players of the current generation. Players can now access multiple gaming platforms for free and play different variants and types of rummy games and tournaments for free and real money.
In this blog, we shall talk about the various rules and features of online rummy tournaments that you must know before you Play the Game Knowing the core basics will help you grow your win rate in online rummy tournaments and also win real cash prizes.
Basic Rules of the Game
Rummy Tournaments follow the same rules as per any basic game of rummy, with certain tweaks that you might not have dabbled with the traditional home game. We are highlighting them all so that you can adjust your game accordingly.
- A game of online rummy is played with a deck of 52 cards out of which 13 cards are allotted to each player.
- All players must attempt to form valid combinations of sets and sequences that include proper sets and sequences.
- A set is formed by pairing 3 or more cards of the same rank but a different suit. For eg:5c,5d,5h.
- An impure sequence is formed by pairing at least 3 or more cards in a serial fashion, but of different suits. For eg: 7h,8c,9d,10s.
- A pure sequence is formed by pairing at least 3 or more cards of the same suit in a serial fashion. For eg: 7h,8h,9h,10h.
- Players must make valid combinations of sets and sequences with the 13 allotted cards that must also include a pure sequence.
- The player who declares his/her cards first among everyone wins the round.
- The rest of the players also need to meld their completed sets and sequences and declare their cards.
- The winner receives zero points and the remaining players receive penalty pointsin the scoreboard according to the value of the redundant number of cards that they failed to meld during the game.
- A losing player can accrue a total of 80 points in online rummy games and tournaments.
The scoring system in online rummy games is pretty simple. All numbered cards 1-10 are assigned their numerical value i.e. card numbered 7 carries 7 points. The printed cards carry 20 points each- A, K, Q, J.
So, What are the most common type of online rummy games you can play today?
- In most online rummy sites, you can play three popular variants of the game, namely Points Rummy, Deals Rummy, and Pool Rummy.
- Both three variants feature the same basic rules, however, the scoring system varies on a few points, especially in Pool Rummy. Pool rummy features cut-off points wherein, on reaching a certain number of points on the Leaderboard, players automatically get eliminated.
- Deals Rummy games are Best of X deals games that are played with allotted chips, wherein the winner is decided after playing a pre-determined number of deals.
- Then we have rummy tournaments that are of different kinds. You can play them both for cash and free. Rummy tournaments are specially aimed to promote the element of competition among those who play rummy online recreationally.
- From free rolls to low stakes to the highest stakes, rummy tournaments feature a series of level oriented games wherein players are arranged in the leaderboard according to their total points at the end of the tournament and the winner with the least number of points wins the rummy tournament and the prize money.
So, let’s take you all to a cozy online rummy room in India where you will find the best kind of games and tournaments to suit your style of play.